Meet Dr. Doctora
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Joe Doctora graduated from Michigan State University where he received a BS in physiology. He went on to the University of Michigan where he attended dental school.
While in dental school he participated in the following OMS externships:
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School in Dallas, Texas
- Case Western Reserve University Dental School in Cleveland, Ohio
- Detroit Sinai Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan
Upon graduation he was accepted to the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, Florida. There he served for one year as an intern and the Department of oral maxillofacial surgery. He completed his residency at Metropolitan Nashville General Hospital/Meharry Medical College in Tennessee. Dr. Doctora is board certified from American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons as well as the National Dental Board of Anesthesia. He, since 2007 has had an academic appointment at Meharry Medical College as an assistant professor in the department of oral maxillofacial surgery. His responsibilities include teaching dental students, and training general dental residents as well as oral surgery residents. His clinical interests include dentoalveolar surgery, wisdom tooth extractions, hard and soft tissue grafting, implant surgery, trauma, and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures for rejuvenation of the aging face.
Dr. Doctora is licensed in dentistry in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama. He has been practicing in Smyrna since 2002 and in Springhill since 2003. Originally from Michigan he now makes Nashville his home. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with his wife Monica and their four children Aden, Rose, Ella and Kai. He also enjoys going to the beach, landscaping and working out.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesia
- Diplomate, American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Residency-Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Metropolitan Nashville General Hospital/Meharry Medical College Nashville, TN 1999
- Internship-Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL 1995
- M.D., UHSA, 2001
- D.D.S., University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI 1994
- B.S., Physiology, Michigan State University East Lansing, MI 1990
- TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center- Smyrna, TN
- Metro-Nashville General Hospital- Nashville, TN
- TriStar Centennial Medical Center- Nashville, TN
- TriStar Southern Hills- Nashville, TN
- TriStar Skyline Medical Center- Nashville, TN