Meet Dr. Doctora
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Doctora is currently in private practice in the Nashville area. He is board-certified from the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and the National Dental Board of Anesthesia.
He attributes this unique combination of training to his passionate interests in anesthesia and oral surgery. The two fields are intimately related and achieving diplomate status demonstrates his commitment to not only competence but excellence.
Dr. Doctora earned his BS in physiology at Michigan State University and graduated medical school from the University of Health Sciences School of Medicine in St. John’s, Antigua. He earned his dental degree from the University of Michigan. While in dental school he applied to and was accepted to the following one-month-long externships:
- The University of Texas Southwestern Medical School /Parkland Memorial Hospital; Dallas, Texas
- Case Western Reserve University Dental School; Cleveland, Ohio
- Detroit Sinai Medical Center; Detroit, Michigan
The experiences galvanized his interest in oral & maxillofacial surgery including dental implants, orthognathic surgery, oral cancer, facial trauma, head and neck cancer, facial reconstruction, cleft lip/palate repair, and dental extractions.
After Ann Arbor, he left for the warmth of South Florida where he attended the University of Miami School of Medicine /Jackson Memorial Hospital where he completed his 12-month surgery internship. This rigorous program heavily emphasized facial trauma and head and neck cancer surgery. Subsequently, he completed his oral and maxillofacial surgery residency at Metropolitan Nashville General Hospital/ Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tennessee. In his fourth year, he was elected chief resident. Additionally during his chief year, as part of the program, he rotated through the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville, Tennessee for 3 months where he was further trained in facial trauma and orthognathic surgery. One of the many cases Dr. Doctora managed while in residency was submitted to the prestigious Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and eventually published.
Today he remains in Nashville and is active in the department as an attending surgeon and holds an appointment in the school of dentistry as an associate professor.
His clinical focus encompasses facial trauma, facial reconstruction, dentoalveolar surgery, dental implant surgery and non-surgical rejuvenation of the aging face. He has an interest in anti-aging therapy for facial rejuvenation and maintaining healthy skin, through nutrition and manipulate invasive procedures.
Dr. Doctora is licensed to practice dentistry in Tennessee and Georgia. He has been practicing in Smyrna since 2002 and Springhill since 2003. Originally from Michigan, he now makes Nashville his home. In his spare time, you’ll find him spending time with his wife Monica and their four children Aden, Rose, Ella and Kai. He also loves the beach, enjoys playing poker, landscaping (playing in dirt), and training at the gym or participating in any form of physical fitness.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesia
- Diplomate, American Board of Anti-Aging and Regenerative Medicine
- Residency-Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Metropolitan Nashville General Hospital/Meharry Medical College Nashville, TN
- Internship-Certificate, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery The University of Miami/School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- M.D., The University of Health Sciences School of Medicine, St. John’s Antigua
- D.D.S., University of Michigan Ann Arbor, MI
- B.S., Physiology, Michigan State University East Lansing, MI
- TriStar StoneCrest Medical Center- Smyrna, TN
- Metro-Nashville General Hospital- Nashville, TN
- TriStar Centennial Medical Center- Nashville, TN